Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Words to live by.

One of my greatest difficulties in considering to think of religion, was that I thought I should have to give up my beautiful thought and my love for the things God had made. But I find that the happiness springing from all things not in themselves sinful is much increased by religion. God is the God of the beautiful – nature is tenfold brighter in the sun of righteousness, and my love of nature is more intense since I became a Christian.
-George MacDonald.

I believe that the above sentiment is as good as any to begin this strange quest into blogging. It is an unfortunate sentiment that a Christian must disdain a love of nature, art or beauty when truly dedicated to his faith. This is nonsense, as a man or womans faith should be increased as he or she shares in wonder.

No comments:

DISNEY & DRAGONS: D&D in Fantasyland

Many times, in recent years I have encountered would-be players of Dungeons and Dragons whose sole experience with the fantasy genre h...