POWERHOUSE (Fighter Subclass)
|Gladiator by Philip Gordon Wylie|
- Burst Chains and Iron Bands (Level 3, Strength 16): A powerhouse can burst chains and iron bands simply by flexing their chest muscles or biceps.
- Fastball Special (Level 5, Strength 17): A Powerhouse can toss allied rogues (Str 17), daredevils (Str 19) and fighters (Str 21) at opponents. Treat this as a ranged attack with a range of 10 feet. If the muscleman misses, the tossed character gets no attack, loses their turn and suffers 1d4 points of damage. If their attack hits, the tossed character makes an attack as though charging, and the mere act of throwing them scores 1d6 points of damage for rogues, 1d8 for daredevils and 1d10 for fighters, plus the muscleman’s strength bonus.
- Hammer Nails (Level 7, Strength 18): A powerhouse’s sinews are iron hard, allowing him to hammer nails with his bare fists. Difficulties include hammering sharp items larger than nails, or hammering into materials harder than wood.
- Bite Through Chains (Level 9, Strength 19): A powerhouse’s jaws are such that he can bite through metal. In addition, he can bite characters that he grapples for 1d6 damage (treat as an additional unarmed attack).
- Thunder Clap (Level 11, Strength 20): A powerhouse can clap his hands together with such force, that they blast an area with a tremendous cacophony. Every creature in a 10 ft. radius area takes 1d8 points of sonic damage and must succeed on a Fortitude save to avoid being stunned for 1 round. This can be done once every four rounds.
- Mighty Leap (Level 13, Strength 21): A powerhouse can jump 1 ½ feet per point of Strength from a standing position. From a running start the powerhouse can jump 2 feet per point of Strength.